I am deeply involved in a love affair with Starbucks.
I think there is a perfect Starbucks beverage for every moment in life:
- Slow morning with the newspaper - French Roast with light sugar and steamed milk
- Bad day at the office and I need a break - skinny hazelnut latte
- It's freezing outside - caramel macchiato
- Let's go look at holiday lights - peppermint mocha
- Not enough sleep and forgot to brew at home - triple shot latte, no sugar
- Girfriend get together and chat - Tazo passion shaken tea
- I promise not to eat dessert later - mocha frappuccino
Today I went on a mid-day, back from vacation and not yet able to focus 24/7 on work, coffee break while also out on a business errand. I had a coupon from Starbucks (shocking, actually) to try the new iced brewed coffee. It's pretty much just coffee over ice, with a little sweetener made of simple syrup.
- It's a long day at the office but too hot to drink coffee - iced brewed coffee
Is Starbucks the evil coffee empire, knocking the little coffee shop out of business? Perhaps. However, when I travel I know that I'll get consistent quality at a Starbucks. I know what to expect in taste. I know how to order and get what I want. These are important things to me.
I like our local small coffee shop as well and love to give them business. If they would set up a branch right by my office, I'll stop in there as well. But until then, it's Starbucks for me!
This was taped to our office coffee machine when I got to work this morning:
I'm sold on it! By the way, my company proudly brews Starbucks: House Blend, Sumatra and decaf.