New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

You Go Girl!

Yesterday, after a harried day at the office, we rushed to the gym for our daily workout. It was back to the treadmill for me. I hadn't run in nearly two weeks while juggling a busy schedule and slightly puffy ankles.

I was a bit worried about the 2.75 mile run after laying off for so long. Kelly told me that it takes nearly a month to go backward in your training level, so I gave it a go.

He was right! 2.75 miles was a breeze and gave me a huge endorphin high to boot!!

As I was stopping the treadmill, two women next to me said something. I was listening to my iPod (the only way to ignore what you're doing to your body) and couldn't hear them clearly. After pausing the iPod, they asked me again "Are we bothering you?"

"Not at all!" I replied. "I've just run nearly 3 miles, so I am done for the day."

They laughed and went back to their walk/chatfest. As I walked past them, one turned to me and said, "You go girl!!!"

Rock on. Fitness is fun.

(Did I really put that in print?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment