New Header

Image Map

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time for Bed?

Fall is in full force in North Texas. Earlier this week I felt both chilly and lazy - definitely a night for an easy soup.

The Niece had never experimented with ramen noodles as a base for a heartier dish. I entertained her, while I cooked, with stories of gourmet college dinners prepared with ramen.

Much, much later that evening, The Boy and I headed to bed. Just before we went to sleep, The Boy said, I must not have eaten enough soup. I feel hungry.

Well, I said, it is pretty late. Maybe if we'd gone to bed by 9:30, you wouldn't feel hungry. You would have been asleep by now.

**Pause**

But I felt hungry over an hour ago. By your logic, I would have had to go to bed at 8!



Souped-Up Ramen

  • 2 cups water
  • 10 oz fresh snap peas
  • 1/2 cup cilantro
  • Package ramen noodles
  • 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
Place water, snap peas, chicken, ramen flavor packet and cilantro in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles and boil for an additional minute.

Alternatives:
  • Use shrimp instead of chicken.
  • Instead of 2 cups water, use 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup coconut milk. Add a dash of curry powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment