New Header

Image Map

Monday, December 28, 2009

Finding Balance

The Boy and I are exhausted. It's been a hectic holiday season - check that, a hectic fourth quarter! It's amazing to find ourselves in the last week of 2009, yet I could hardly be happier to see this year go.

Sure, we bought the Hayley House (exciting!). And we had our first relaxing get-away vacation in two years.

But we've been blowing and going nearly non-stop. We're working harder than ever and hoping the economy turns to bring some balance back to our work lives.

However, if that doesn't happen any time soon, we clearly need to find some balance between doing and resting.

As The Boy said when we got back home last night: I hate feeling glad that Christmas is over and I hate even more feeling glad that the year is almost over.

True.

So my resolution for 2009 is to find a way to meet my obligations, while also feeding my soul and resting my mind and body.

This morning Ben is doing his best to help - snoozing in my lap while I am supposed to be putting away our Christmas decorations.

Oh well. It's all about finding balance and right now is obviously snuggle time.

2 comments: