New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Things We Do

I'm sure in this economy, I'm not the only person who has seen his/her job description morph a bit. Currently, in addition to my marketing role, I'm also sorting out our less-than-ideal coffee service.

Listen to the voice of experience: When things are wrong with the coffee service, No One Is Happy.

No.One.Is.Happy.At.All.

Needless to say, this has been a very...trying...three months.

We're now close to switching to a new service provider and are looking at some alternates to our normal regular roast coffee.

Ahem, in case you didn't understand before, No.One.Is.Happy.At.All. No matter what you do or how you try to please them.

My strategy has been to inject some humor into the process and give my colleagues plenty of opportunity to express their preferences. While we're testing coffee blends, I've posted feedback sheets near the coffee pot.

I walked into the kitchen last week to see how things were going and found a slew of notes. One caught my eye and I had to respond:


In case you can't read that, someone had written:

Little too winey

I couldn't resist adding my own note:

The coffee or the office?

Sigh....

I've said it to plenty of folks around in the office and I'll say it again here:

As of January 15th, the only time I want to be asked about coffee is when it's preceeded by the phrase: "Would you like another cup of...?"

3 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to BYO (in a thermos?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I felt so bad for poor Susi when she tried to do the same in our office. No one could agree, when we ordered something new no one liked it as much as when we tasted it in a sampling.... and in general people are VERY opinionated about coffee.

    So now we have starbucks. It works. I personally would love it if we could get Dunn Bros, since I hear they roast their own coffee locally. Not sure what the price-tag on that is, though!

    ReplyDelete