New Header

Image Map

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Major Yum

Christmas 2009 was the year of the homemade gifts - both from us to our friends as well as from our friends to us.

Amidst the fudge, homemade jams, cookies and bread was a package of the most delicious peppermint bark I've ever eaten.

Now, I'm not normally a fan of peppermint bark. It's either too heavy on the peppermint. Or there's not enough peppermint. Or it has too much crushed candy-to-bark ratio.

But this peppermint bark...oh my! It's pepperminty fresh, chewy and crunchy. It's all around tasty. While I'm managing to ration it for maximum enjoyment, I don't think I'm doing a good job of sharing it with The Boy.

{Oh well.}

Thankfully, it was made by Good Friend Mel who was more than happy to share her recipe...which she developed herself!!

I know she won't mind if I share it with you.


Mel's World-Best Peppermint Bark
  • Two dozen candy canes
  • 1 pkg white candy bark
  • 1-2 tsp peppermint extract (to taste)
Crush the candy canes in a Ziploc bag using a rolling pin. {Mel’s note – use a rolling pin to get small pieces. The food processor makes "dust."} Melt candy bark in a saucepan.

Once bark is melted, add the crushed candy canes and peppermint extract - the amount is to your personal preference. {Mel’s note – you could also add almond or vanilla extract.}Line a cookie sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Pour out the mixture on the cookie sheet and cool completely. Break by hand into your preferred piece size.

{My note: Then try not to eat it all!!}



No comments:

Post a Comment