New Header

Image Map

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Neat Holiday Idea #1

Sometimes it's best not to ask why neat holiday idea #1 publishes after neat holiday idea #2. Life's just funny that way.

I thought I'd share a couple of great holiday gift ideas. A friend gave me a really unique jewelry tree:


Turns out - she made it herself!


I asked her to share her process, so I could share it with you. And I'm thinking this might be something I'll make in the future, too!


Organic Jewelry Tree
  • Vase with a wide base
  • Filler - marbles, river rocks or items like these)
  • Manzanita branch (get yours here)
  • Acrylic water (like this)
Place branch inside vase. Add filler and adjust branch to preferred placement. Mix the acrylic water according to instructions. Carefully pour the mix in the center of the vase, making sure not to pour on the side of the vase. Set the vase aside where it won't be disturbed, bracing the branch as needed to hold its position. The mix will take approximately 24-48 hours to set. (You'll see bubbles as air escapes.)

To give as a gift, simply attach a tag explaining that the gift tree awaits the recipient's baubles!

Isn't this lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment