New Header

Image Map

Sunday, April 4, 2010

What Constitutes a Good Weekend?

I'm just curious - what makes for a good weekend?

Is it...
  • Spending time with family and/or friends?
  • Crossing things off the old to-do list?
  • Catching up on the DVR?
  • Spending time in worship?
  • Taking time to rest?
  • Running errands?
    Managing projects around the house?
I suppose by any definition, The Boy and I had a good weekend. But as a result, I'm plum tuckered out.

Between Thursday evening and now (Sunday evening), we:
  • Mowed
  • Fertilized all the trees and shrubs
  • Raked 8 lawn bags full of old leaves, twigs and dead grass
  • Grocery shopped
  • Craft shopped (this and the previous with the help of The Niece)
  • Explored a new Asian market
  • Wrapped up a 4-month house sitting job
  • Graded 34 papers
  • Cleaned
  • Did laundry
  • Cooked 5 meals from scratch
  • Participated in a Seder
  • Watched the previous week's DVR shows
  • Exercised (The Boy ran 9 miles!)
  • Fussed on the kitties
Productive? Yes.

Restful? Somewhat.

Tired? Definitely!

So I wonder: What constitutes a good weekend for you?

2 comments:

  1. A good weekend for me includes quality time with someone... whether it's Isaac or other family or friends. It must also be relaxing, but it must also include some adventuring or exploring, because I am not one to sit around the house forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...that does sound nice!

    I've found that since we've bought a house, I like to stay at home more than I ever did living in an apartment. Though when we had a house in the UK, I was always happy to be out and about. That must have been a result of being a stay-at-home wife. (Too much time at home!)

    ReplyDelete