New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Are You Excited?

This past weekend was my whenever-we-get-around-to-it family reunion. Our last reunion was 13 years ago. Like I said, we get around to it whenever we get around to it.

I called my mom, Grandma Mo, mid-week before the reunion for a quick chat.

Her: I can't believe the reunion is this weekend! Everyone is really excited!!

Me: *silence*

Her: Aren't you excited?

Me: Well, I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but I honestly can't say I'm excited. Now, if someone told me that I could sleep for a month without any deadlines - THAT would make me excited!

Excited or not, we headed to Kansas to see long-lost family members and spend some time touring former family properties. And, of course, it was a ton of fun.

I love my family.

I mean, just look how fun the group of 2nd cousins are, particularly that girl in the center:

The second cousins.
Note who is hogging attention.

Even the family outlaws know how to have a good time, particularly that guy in the front row:

The Outlaws.
Note who is fooling around.

It's a good bunch. Too bad we couldn't have everyone there, but I'm not sure that the porch of the old family house in town could have held us all!

The Family - Behaving Itself
Here's to family reunions that's fun enough to make you want to have another!!

2 comments:

  1. It's funnier if you put it in context with the family photo from the 1997 family reunion ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have the photo at the time...but have remedied that, per your request!

    ReplyDelete