New Header

Image Map

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bring on the Guilt

We have a nice stack of holiday cards growing on the breakfast bar. And we have really enjoyed reading everyone's notes and yearly recaps. It's such a treasure to reconnect via the written word!

However, I'm starting to feel guilty about that stack.

You see, the Hayleys have not yet sent out their holiday card this year. (The Hayleys have not even designed their holiday card yet!)

And since it's the day before the day before Christmas, it's not looking promising.

I suppose I could rely on the "We're sending out a New Year's card this year" approach.

But I won't, because:
  1. I doubt I'll have time to get it done and
  2. Everyone would know it's a lie because I'm normally ultra-organized and on time.
It's tough to be me, right?

So, on behalf of the normally-prepared-except-for-this-year Hayleys:

We wish you a very Merry Christmas
and a blessed 2011.

In case you couldn't hear it, I pronounced that "bleh-said."
All southern-like. I do live in Texas, y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this two years in a row that you've relied on electronic media to supply your Christmas card?
    What IS this world coming to?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will not discuss that.

    And I at least designed a card last year...but that was as far as it got.

    ReplyDelete