New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Lenten Fast

Over the weekend, The Boy and I received a note from a friend:

I am considering a tech-free evening
once a week for Lent.
Anyone else want to join me in the challenge?

My response?

No way!
Then...
Well, maybe.

I've never done anything to celebrate Lent in particular. That's partly due to growing up Baptist and partly due to a lack of observance of any of the holy seasons apart from Christmas (Maundy Thursday-Christmas Day) and Easter Sunday.

Perhaps it's time that I spend some time thinking about faith.

Our friend sent us a link to an essay about Lent, along with some sample faith "challenges" (for lack of a better word). If you're interested, you can read it here.

The Boy and I talked about it and decided to give it a try. It's only seven weeks and we, in our internet-addicted household, could certainly use an enforced break to focus on Faith instead of Facebook.

Are you giving anything up for Lent? Taking anything on? Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment