New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Small Town Treasures

One final note on our little getaway (promise) -

I love small town America. And I especially love small town Texas.

I was born in a small town (writing that made me feel a bit like Bruce Springsteen!), but I'm not the sort of girl to live in a small town. I like the opportunity and excitement of the city, but love to visit and find respite in the small town. It's good for the soul.

In Texas, you'll often find a highly ornate county courthouses:


They're always in the middle of the historic town square.

You also don't know what piece of history you'll stumble across - like the oldest pharmacy in Texas:

Or one of the oldest bank buildings in a particular part of the state:

And I love looking at the old brick buildings and alleyways, imagining what sorts of sights they've seen over the years:


I love small towns!

All photos taken while driving through Hillsboro, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment