New Header

Image Map

Friday, May 13, 2011

Springtime=Spruce Up!

I'm ashamed to admit that we still have the ratty welcome mat left by the Hayley Home's former owners. Needless to say, it's even more ratty than it was when we moved in two years ago:


So I stopped in at the kitchiest store - the Christmas Tree Shops. The name is somewhat odd because the store doesn't sell Christmas stuff (well, it probably will at Christmas time), but it sells nearly everything else at unbelievable places. You may remember that I first visited this shop when Baby Sister was in Dallas for last year's Hayley House party.

Anyway, I found a much nicer - and happier! - welcome mat for just $6. That's a bargain indeed.


Now to get busy sweeping the porch so it looks a little more welcoming and a little less wind-blown.

2 comments:

  1. Great find! (And now I plan to stop there this weekend because my mat looks horrible. (And possibly even smells a little...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, @Cathy! They have a really great selection right now. Don't you think the name is an odd branding choice?

    ReplyDelete