New Header

Image Map

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Top 12

Today's The Hayley's Twelfth wedding anniversary. Neither of us can believe that it's been that long.

So, in honor of 12 years of Hayley Happiness, I offer up my own TOP TWELVE list (written in no particular order) to celebrate the occasion.

12 Reasons Why I Married The Boy
  1. He held my hand first. (Even though he denies it.)
  2. He didn't run away when I told him I could marry him.
  3. He took me to Russia last year.
  4. He's funny.
  5. He's cute.
  6. He motivated me to run a marathon. And I'm going to run another this fall!
  7. He listens to NPR podcasts with me. Without complaining.
  8. He'll also watch subtitled movies with me. Without complaining.
  9. He likes chick flicks - more than I do.
  10. He has great friends, who like me, too. 
  11. He doesn't complain (much) when I drag furniture home to rehab.
  12. He's my best friend.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you worked with me in Kenya, I sure wish I had known that you had the gift of predicting the future. I'm impressed that, 12+ years ago, you knew he would take you to Russia last year and that's why you married him. And, you knew you were going to be talked into enduring the training for and running of a marathon and married him anyway!!! LOL!

    Happy Anniversary! I look forward to reading your "50 Reasons...." list in 2049 (that is, if I can still see to read by then).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely him being your stalker would make the top 12!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shilingi-Moja - seriously! I'm hoping for a marriage that is as happy and enduring as yours and Linda's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @HBirdwell - it didn't hurt that my stalker was so HOTT. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very helpful in fact. Better than a scary stalker ... or a creepy stalker. However, he was a bad liar stalker ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Best wishes for the next twelve -- and beyond.

    ReplyDelete