New Header

Image Map

Friday, June 3, 2011

It's a Gift

Our iron is about to conk out. We've debated for some time about what we should buy, but have struggled to decide what we need.

Last week, I found a great iron on clearance at Sur la Table. Made it Germany, it had wonderful reviews and was heavily discounted.


Excited, I asked The Boy if we could order it. He thought it was a good purchase and gave me the go-ahead to buy.

All good, right? Wrong.

In the midst of ordering, I realized that while the price was great, the shipping was not. Seriously - nearly $30 to ship an iron. Ridiculous.

So I price checked on Amazon and found the same iron for $10 more than at Sur la Table. But there was no shipping. Score!

Then I remembered that I really needed to replace our ironing board pad and cover. That was also available on Amazon for a discounted price.

In fact - the iron, ironing board pad and ironing board cover together cost the same as the iron+shipping at Sur la Table. Yes-click-ship - I was in business.

I was pretty proud of my find and couldn't wait to tell The Boy.

So, I summed up, I was able to get all three for a much better price than just the iron. Isn't that great?

I see, he said. You're telling me that you saved us so much money on the iron, that you decided to spend more money. Is that right?

A girl just can't win, can she?

2 comments: