New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Honey of a Recipe: Cake Glaze

More fun with honey from our beekeeper - this time, appropriately, something sweet.


I whipped up my Grandma O's Angel Food Cake. Instead of making it in a tube pan, I used mini loaf pans so I could share the angel food goodness with friends.

I also used an antique whip to beat the egg whites, similar to one that Grandma O used. This one belongs to Middle Sister, who kindly let me borrow it to see if I liked it.


Verdict? It was the bomb. So easy to whip the egg whites - it was lighter weight than a mixer or even a standard whip. Lightness is important for the egg whites, as well as for your poor arm muscles while beating said egg whites.

Once the cakes had cooled, I topped them with my homemade honey glaze.


Delicious.

Pecan Honey Cake Glaze
  • 1 T. butter
  • 2 T. brown sugar
  • 2 T. pecan creamed honey
Combine all ingredients in heavy saucepan and cook over low heat until melted. Brush warm glaze over cooled cake.

10 comments:

  1. Ummm...they have a short shelf life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Glad I was able to get the spoon to you. Should have demanded food in return, this looks delish! J/k on needing payment. Teehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. J/K...but not...but kinda. I wonder if I'd have time on Friday to make one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake was like heaven in my mouth! I now know what love tastes like.

    ReplyDelete