New Header

Image Map

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness

Lately, I've found that it's very therapeutic in the midst of a busy schedule to stop and count my blessings. And since today is Thanksgiving, it seems very appropriate to put them in writing:
  • I'm thankful for a job that's not perfect, but has the relationship of family and the passion of art.
  • I'm thankful for friends that bring me joy - whether it's with a well-timed joke, a fantastic party or forgetting one's shorts on a race weekend.
  • I'm thankful for The Boy, who encourages me and loves me - and still ogles me when I walk by.
  • I'm thankful for opportunities to visit my family.
  • I'm thankful for furbabies who love to snuggle.
  • I'm thankful for the Hayley House, which feels like such a haven from the stress of life.
  • I'm thankful for a church focused on grace and being who God called you to be, rather than putting on a show.
  • I'm thankful for my country - the good and the bad, and for the men and women who offer their lives in service to defend the rights we often take for granted.
What would you put on your blessings list?

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments: