New Header

Image Map

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Weekend in the Kitchen

It's amazing what you can do when you're home for a weekend. In my case, I spent most of Saturday in the kitchen.

Who would have thought six hours of cooking could be so much fun?

It would be a forever long post to talk about all of the things I made this weekend, because most centered around testing what I could make with this:


"This" is pecan creamed honey, which arrived as a courtesy sample from our beekeeper, Blake Shook. I'll report on our pecan creamed honey creations in separate posts.

But I also made homemade bread, grilled beef short ribs, cooked (and froze) pinto beans and made a pie crust cinnamon roll. I actually made the latter first at the request of The Boy, who was concerned that I might get tired of cooking, thus should make the most important item first.

You see how he thinks.

There was one other long-overdue food creations on my cooking agenda. Last Christmas, we received the most addictive food treat as a gift.


We felt it could be replicated quite easily - and should be replicated post haste. Post haste in the Hayley Household apparently means 11.5 months later.

While grocery shopping Saturday morning, I picked up the core ingredients:


From there, it was a simple matter of mixing the three together and letting them sit to "stew" in a closed plastic bag for a couple of hours. This rest period allowed the favors to blend.

Result? Yumminess. Highly recommended...I can't believe I waited so long to make it.


{I'm sending the bag with The Boy to the church youth group tonight. I wonder what 60+ teenagers will think of it?!?}

No comments:

Post a Comment