New Header

Image Map

Monday, January 2, 2012

BEing in 2012: BE Active

Part of dealing with a really cruddy year (I'm talking about you, 2011) is that you find a certain pleasure in figuring out what you want to do for the next year to reduce any potential cruddiness.

One change that The Boy and I made years ago was to embrace an active lifestyle. The new year is a great way to reconfirm our commitment.
  1. We're continuing to run and have already scheduled our (ok, mostly his) marathons for the year.
  2. I'm going to continue taking as many yoga classes as I can. The increased flexibility is great, but the ability to focus and relax has been invaluable in stress management.
  3. I'm on track to reach a healthy BMI. I've been working with a nutritionist for the past several months and will continue to see her for the next year. She's been so helpful in helping me learn how to eat mindfully and take control of my food intake.
What will you do to Be Active in 2012?

Starting the New Year off right with the
New Year's Day 5-mile Race.
The Boy won 2nd place in his age group,
I had a PR (personal record) best min/mile time.
Our best friend J had a PR and won 4th place in his age group.
Yay!

2 comments:

  1. One hour of aerobic activity daily six days a week.
    Weight-lifting (about 45 minutes) 2 - 3 times a week.

    That's my goal. I usually fall short!! But I am going to try harder this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep bone problems away, huh? I do yoga for my weight bearing training.

    I think it's better to try and fall short than to not try at all, don't you?

    ReplyDelete