New Header

Image Map

Friday, January 6, 2012

Embracing JOY

I thought it might be helpful to have a list of things that brought me joy - you know, for the times that I'm feeling joy-deprived.

Here's what I came up with:
  1. The Boy's jokes
  2. Bridget's sweet face
  3. The way Ben crawls on my lap while I'm sitting at the computer
  4. The smell of fresh cut grass
  5. The first blooms in spring
  6. The colors of fall leaves
  7. Catching the first snowflakes of winter
  8. Rainbows
  9. Freshly washed baby smell
  10. Having my feet rubbed
  11. A great run
  12. The smell of spring
  13. New shoes
  14. Putting on jammies after being in work clothes
  15. Bubble baths
  16. Looking at mountains
  17. Red tailed hawks
  18. The smell of the annual Kansas prairie burns
  19. Birds on our bird feeder
  20. The way Bridget follows me through the house
  21. Time spent visiting with my Grandma
  22. Spending time with my mom, dad and sisters
  23. Spending time with my close friends
  24. The naughtiness of my best friends
  25. Christmas lights
  26. A warm shower on a cold morning
  27. The first bird chirps in the morning
  28. Sunrises
  29. Sunsets - especially the ones in Kansas and in Kenya
  30. Springfield, MO's dogwood trees in bloom
  31. Washington, DC's cherry trees in bloom
  32. When Ben or Bridget pout (because it's so darn cute)
  33. Watching The Princess Bride
  34. Geoff Moore and The Distance's Good to Be Alive
  35. Toto's Africa
  36. The Boy's ability to name nearly any song that we own (1000s) within a few bars of the opening
  37. Rainy days while I'm in my pajamas
  38. Sunny, but not hot days, while I'm dozing in the shade
  39. The sound of ocean waves
  40. Just chatting emails from long-lost friends
  41. Having coffee or lunch, just for fun
  42. A gentle breeze
  43. Hiking
  44. Reading a great book
  45. Eating my lunch outside
  46. Catching all of the stoplights "just right"
  47. When someone holds the door open for me
  48. Finding a geocache
  49. Listening to a piece of orchestra music that's so beautiful that it makes me cry
  50. Clean sheets
Have you ever thought about what things bring you joy?

4 comments:

  1. This weekend was a jammie-heavy recovery joy-finding time for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - I *heart* you, your blog and your sense of humor!

    And classical music.

    ReplyDelete