New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's The Truth

I can always tell when my schedule is too hectic. I can tell because I desperately miss The Boy.

Hectic schedules mean late meals and early bedtimes.

Hectic schedules mean brains too tired for how-was-your-day conversations.

We're in need of routine in our lives. This, by the way, is the negative side of change. It takes a while for routine to arrive, for a new normal to emerge.

And that's why, even though right now I'm in a gorgeous city for a conference, I'm not going to do the exploring or sight-seeing that I love to do.

It's important to me to save this place for memory-building with The Boy.

Even when life routine is lacking, you can still make choices based on your core values. The way I see it, if I can only have a small measure of routine in my life, that's what I will choose: My core values. And my Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment