New Header

Image Map

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Up in Smoke

Do you know what would be fun? I asked The Boy.

Do I care? he replied.

I ignored him.

I think it would be fun to do a variation on the Festivus tradition of Airing of Grievances. Instead of talking about how we've disappointed to each other, let's air our grievances from the past few years. It will be therapeutic.

And I was right. It was.

We gathered friends, a candle and strips of paper to burn for each grievance shared.


We soon realized that we needed a lot of paper.


We aired grievances category by category: Family. Work. Relationships. Physical. Spiritual.


And at the end....tons and tons of ashes and a pleasantly purged soul. Sometimes you just have to air a grievance to stop brooding about it.


PS - we saved the ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment