New Header

Image Map

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Runners Do Weird Things

What once seemed weird to me is now becoming a pretty normal part of everyday life now that I'm a runner.

Do you know what I just noticed? I didn't feel the need to put the word runner in quotation marks ("runner") like I had something to apologize for. I Am A Runner.

Anyway, runners do weird things like:

Use the devil's instrument - a foam roller - willingly.


Compare different types of odd food products to fuel during long runs.


Get up at unholy hours during the week and on the weekend to go on a run.


Happily compare injuries:




Wear strange socks in the evening:


Not to mention eating the same meal every evening before a long run (omelet and toast with honey) and the same meal every evening before a race (Subway sandwich).

It's an exciting life we lead, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment