New Header

Image Map

Saturday, December 14, 2013

La Madeleine Wanna Be

You haven't eaten a perfect bran muffin until you've had a La Madeleine bran muffin. Delicious. It's also a calorie bomb, but let's overlook that.

Anyway, it's not always convenient to get to La Madeleine for a muffin, nor do I always want to spend money for breakfast. So we made our own, more caloric (and budget) friendly versions using ingredients we already had at home:


I added about 1/2 cup of golden raisins to the mix. I decided to use foil-lined muffin cups to make for easier freezer storage.


Done! And delicious!


La Madeleine quality they aren't, but ready to eat (with a little microwave thawing first) they are.

2 comments:

  1. Well where’s the recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Madeline bran muffins are my all time favorite. Every chance I get to travel to Houston I buy these by the dozen. Lol

    ReplyDelete