New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Morning: The Great Paradox

I am a morning person.

I wake up early, whether I want to or not. I'm more productive in the morning than later in the day (except for that great stretch from 3-5:15 pm).

And yet.

Mornings are difficult. The air is crisp and all I want to do is linger on the couch, ensconced in a blanket with a cup of coffee and a purring furball. Kelly and I catch up on the day that was the day before, unencumbered by the rush of unwinding, unpacking, dinner-making, hurry-to-rest of the return home from the office.

Mornings, in that way, are wonderful.

The sky is still dark, the pressures of the day are still hidden below the horizon.

It's just me, this blanket, this furball and my guy.

That's why I love morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment