New Header

Image Map

Friday, July 4, 2014

Celebrating the Fourth on the Third

Kelly and I went to Addison's Kaboom Town last night.


It's somewhat sad that we've lived in Dallas (off-and-on) for 16+ years and I worked in the Addison area for 11 years, but we'd never gone to Kaboom Town before last night.

What's up with that?

Apparently, Kaboom Town is one of the top five fireworks displays in the United States. When reading through the list, I realized that I've been to two of the five - perhaps I see a future 101 list goal of attending the other three?

Anyway, it was a lovely evening - pleasant temperatures (unusual for a Texas July day) and we sat outside to watch the air show.


Then the fireworks display.


Watching fireworks reminded me that our country has been through difficult and divisive times before, and survived. I hope my fellow Americans can remember that as well.

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment