New Header

Image Map

Saturday, August 23, 2014

I Fixed That

It started with a handle that was tough to operate. Then one day, Kelly said, "Well, that's not good."

That was the day the toilet arm broke.



I'm not too proud to admit that we lived without an easily flushable toilet in our master bathroom for more than two weeks.

Life happens, you know. Take this blog for example - not exactly a priority recently.

Anyway, one day I'd had enough of stumbling halfway through the house in the dark to use the hallway water closet. That evening on the way home from work, I picked up a new toilet handle and arm at Home Depot.

I also watched four YouTube videos to make sure I knew what I was doing. Best to be sure, of course - especially since I was attempting to do this alone while Kelly was at an evening meeting.

I will admit that I lived slightly on the edge. That's right: I didn't turn off the water to the toilet before swapping handles, even though all four YouTube videos suggested I do that step first.

And...five minutes later I'd successfully removed the old handle and broken arm, and installed their replacements. No problems, no water disaster and NO crying.

There was also no recognition by the husband of my achievement, but that's another story for another day.




No comments:

Post a Comment