New Header

Image Map

Friday, January 9, 2015

Book Making

A couple of years ago, my grandmother gave me a digital copy of a book she'd worked on for a number of years, tracing her family history.

Yet this was no dry genealogy book nor was it a series of mere stories. For years, Grandma and Grandpa had painstakingly researched our family roots. She then crafted those findings into a very enjoyable narrative.

When she handed the files to me, she said "Do what you want with this."

What I wanted to do was to do her writing justice.

So I worked with an online book publisher to print her work as a hardbound book, complete with a custom dust jacket. My baby sister, holder of a majority of the family photos, did some sleuthing and scanning for me to pick the right images.


I've had the book complete for some time, but waited until Christmas to give it to her.


I hope she loves it as much as I loved making it for her. My part of the project was so much smaller than the work she put into writing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment