New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Little Garden

I've killed more plants than I care to count. The only one I seem moderately successful at keeping alive is my ivy - and I'm pretty sure that's because ivy is notoriously difficult to kill even if you use Roundup.

I've even killed a cactus. But that's a story for another day.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to try my hand at a terrarium. They're supposed to be easy. They're certainly cute. Bonus: They can be DIY'd with minimal effort.

Fine and good on the minimal effort part, but no one told me that I might buy a platter and cloche last summer and let it languish on my dining table for 8 months. Then buy decorative shells and a plant pot, only to let them languish on my dining table for another month.

I guess minimal effort doesn't necessarily mean that you have time to give even that.

Finally I did. While grocery shopping, I picked up an interesting succulent (poor thing...I hope I don't kill it) at Whole Foods:


Then I assembled my supplies:


All I had to do was pour the shells onto the platter, repot the plant into my decorative pot and cover it all with the cloche. Easy!


And super cute in its new home.


Pray for the plant. I have high hopes for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment