New Header

Image Map

Monday, June 15, 2015

Visting Braindead Brewery in Deep Ellum

When I walked to the front door of Braindead I was greeted by a hipster guard of honor: Four guys lounging by the entrance with epic beards, pithy tshirts, cargo shorts and ironic socks.

What more can you ask for?

There's plenty of space to spread out - large picnic-style tables make it easy to hang out and talk. Service is quick and efficient.

And truthfully, I wanted to like Braindead because I like local breweries. And I definitely liked the vibe of the place.

While the food was good, I wasn't super impressed with their beers. My favorite was the Shilling, reminiscent of Bellhaven.

Don't get me wrong, their beer is fine but it's not memorable. And memorable will make me get in the car to head to Deep Ellum again and again while fine will get me there if it's convenient or for a group meet up.


No comments:

Post a Comment