This weekend, we vowed, it would be different. This weekend would focus on rest. Our manifesto? Do Nothing! Go Nowhere!
The manifesto was repeated much like this throughout last week:
Me: Hey, Kelly. What are we doing this weekend?
Kelly: Hey, Shannah! Where are we going this weekend?
Ah, rest. It's important. We all need it, just to focus on the tasks of the home, being in a normal routine, relaxing the body, petting the kitties (Bridget and Ben think that should be listed first). God knew what He was doing when He rested on the seventh day. I don't think He could have faced what Adam and Eve had up their sleeves (not technically of course, since this was pre-fig leaves) for the following weeks.
I think we managed to live out our manifesto very well. From Friday evening through Sunday evening, we:
- Slept in past 6 am for two straight days!
- Massaged Kelly's very sore arm muscle several times so it would start to heal
- Took bubble baths - twice!
- Got caught up on a week's worth of podcasts
- Finished pulling shows off our DVR onto DVDs.
- Fixed a curtain that had been pulled a-kilter by cats
- Updated our finances
- Went to the gym for a long-ish workout
- Practiced our short game at the driving range
- Went to church
- Ate sushi (and managed to not overeat this time)
- Did laundry
- Watched a Netflix
- Grocery shopped
- Saw The Incredible Hulk
- Read more of Clear and Present Danger together
- Renamed all of our digital photos that were languishing in "CIMxxx.jpg" land to something that halfway reminds of what the photo shows
- Did a little scrapbooking (ok, that's my project)
- Typed some lyrics in the never-ending "Put lyrics into iTunes so Shannah will learn the real words" project (ok, that's Kelly's project)
Everyone has a different definition of what is "rest," so you might think our list a little exhaustive. In any case, the important thing was we felt rested, relaxed and today we are most definitely recharged.
It was so great, if fact, that I think next weekend we'll Do Nothing and Go Nowhere again.