New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Have Found Where Great Customer Service is Hiding

The long-lost fantastic American customer service can be found in a sales associate named Eddie at Bed Bath and Beyond, Store #61 in Plano, Texas.

I went in this past Sunday afternoon looking for an item I'd seen on the BBB website - a glass honey dispenser.

Kelly suffers from seasonal allergies and we've learned through research that a daily dose of locally-produced honey (with local bees) can help build up a tolerance to regional allergens. He 's started taking honey instead of sugar in his morning coffee.

Our coop pick-up location host also has local honey for sale. The price and quality are fantastic, plus the beehive is about 20 miles away from our home. The only problem is that instead of coming in a happy squeezy Mr. Honey Bear bottle, the honey arrives in a large glass bottle. We've been making do, but it's not an ideal situation.

So I Googled, researched and combed through various websites until I found the perfect solution. Pretty design, does what I want it to, and comes at a great price.

I had a coupon for 20% off any purchase, so I headed to the store to pick it up. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the fact that the dispenser is only sold online.

After noticing my wanderings through the store, Eddie came up to me and asked if he could help. I told him what I was looking for and he found it through the store merchandise software system. He told me I could order it, but that it would only be shipped to my home, not to the store. I was a little bummed by that - I'm thrifty (could do a whole other post on that), and told him that the shipping always makes it more expensive and I wasn't sure I could use my coupon with an online order.

Eddie looked at me and said: "I want you to have that honey dispenser. We'll make this work."

He ordered it, somehow made the shipping not as expensive AND took my coupon. Then he walked me to the front of the store to complete my sale as I had another item and wanted to pay for everything with cash.

How nice is that? How great do I feel? How likely do you think it is that I'll shop at that Bed Bath and Beyond again?

Thank you for restoring my faith in customer service, Eddie!!

PS: I am totally in love with the other item I purchased - the Oxo Corn Stripper. What a breeze to use and it makes cooking and eating corn on the cob an easy experience. If you like fresh corn, but not the nibbling nor the hazard of cutting the corn off the cob with a knife, you must buy this product.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the heads up on the honey container. Ours is also glass. Also, bee pollen is even better than honey. Just an FYI

    ReplyDelete