New Header

Image Map

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Time Well Wasted

I don't want this weekend to end. It's been jam-packed full of memories. If this weekend was a song or a car, I'd call it an instant classic.

Instead, I know I'm experiencing a weekend that will bring tears to my eyes 10 years from now when I think back on it. These times aren't so much about what is done, but who you are spending time with.

I'm treasuring these moments in my heart for a day when I need a bright spot to cheer a sad day:
  • Cleaning house
  • Friday night out for dinner and a movie
  • Listening to all of our new albums - Eagles to Coldplay to Brad Paisley to Phil Keaggy
  • Going for a long workout at the gym
  • Telling jokes
  • Dancing around the house to yet another Brad Paisely tune
  • Grilling steaks and steaming fresh vegetables
  • Bubble baths
  • Late Sunday brunch at Blue Mesa
  • Driving and holding hands
  • Playing with the kitties

It was time well wasted
And there's no way I trade a few more things that I could've crossed off my list
For a day I'll never forget
No, I didn't get a thing done
But I sure soaked up every minute of the memory we were makin'
And I count it all as time well wasted
from Time Well Wasted, by Brad Paisley

No comments:

Post a Comment