Working late=no gym and a very late dinner. Late dinner (to me)=eating out because I'm not cooking after 7:30 in the evening!
We've been on an informal search for a great burger joint. Great to us means:
- Good taste
- Good price
- Locally owned (not a national chain)
- Convenient location
Our search so far has covered several locations. The reviews so far:
- Scotty P's - Pros: good flavor, several burger types. Cons: somewhat greasy, burgers only come in one size (BIG). Moderately priced.
- Village Burger Bar - Pros: excellent flavor, creative as well as standard burger types. Cons: expensive, located in Uptown (about 30-40 min away from home).
- Jake's Joint - Pros: fantastic taste, good price, they also often send buy 1 - get 1 free coupons in the mail. Cons: greasy, greasy, greasy.
- Two Rows - Pros: tasty pepper bacon cheeseburger that's just the right size to share. Cons: expensive for a burger night burger.
- Topz Healthier Burger - Pros: very healthy, low fat. Cons: not a ton of flavor. Moderately priced.
- Sam's Burger House -Pros: very close to home, local owner, family hangout joint, plus good taste. Cons: just not an exciting burger. Not a wide range of topping choices.
So Thursday night, we tried a new place and I think it might be a winner!
- The Burger House - Pros: close to home, long-time Dallas favorite, great burgers that can be ordered a ton of different ways. Not greasy. Inexpensive. Yummy shakes, seasoned fries big enough to share. Cons: hmmm....