New Header

Image Map

Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Toes, Happy Heart!

I had the world's worst pedicure in early fall 2006. Too hot of water (ouch!), rough scrubbing, and a less-than ideal location led to - you guessed it - a very unhappy big toe.

That toe eventually became known as Gibraltar Toe. The name certainly didn't refer to my toe's Herculean-strength, but to its sheer size after it was covered with surgical wrappings.

Gibraltar Toe has slowly returned to normal, thanks to the bi-monthly oversight of Dr. B in Plano and my dedicated avoidance of hot tubs, pedicures and bare feet in the gym. It's been a very long two years.

Today my toes are singing a happy song because finally - finally! - I was able to paint my toenails yesterday for the first time since the worst-ever pedicure! And it's just in time to enjoy pretty toes during the latter days of sandal season in North Texas.

3 comments: