New Header

Image Map

Monday, October 6, 2008

Tip of the Day: Get an Eco-Friendly Mailbox

Everyone seems to be talking about being green. Drive less! Bring your own bags! Drink from glasses not styrofoam! Recycle!

I think that's great. In fact, I think it's about time. Of course, I've always tried to drive less, take my own bags, and the like, so this isn't a new trendy lifestyle choice for me.

What amuses me is the way our green world seems to stop at our curb - that is, at our mailboxes.

How many pounds of junk mail do you think you receive a year? Studies indicate that each American receives approximately 40 pounds of junk mail yearly, nearly half of which goes unopened. 

It's amazing how the "eco-friendly" marketing movement hasn't reached major corporations. I've received junk from:
  • Chase
  • The Red Cross
  • Bank of America
  • The United Way
  • Christian Children's Fund
  • JC Penney
  • King Ranch
  • Capitol One
  • And the list could go on and on
However, I don't receive junk mail any more, other than the odd promotional piece from an existing service provider. How did I manage that? It was easy. All I needed was a list of address and phone numbers, and a bit of time. In my case, it took about 30 minutes.

If you are tired of sorting through a stuffed mailbox to find the 1-2 pieces that are truly important, then you need to get off the junk mail list. Visit here to find out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment