New Header

Image Map

Monday, March 30, 2009

Maintaining a "Perfect" Record

We were very late leaving town on Friday for our weekend trip to Tyler, Texas. Despite the desire to get to our destination, I kept the car within the acceptable Texas range of speed - that is, 5 mph over the posted limit.


However...


As I pulled off the interstate at a small town to cut over on the back route to the Hayley farm, I noticed flashing lights in my rear view mirror. Uh-oh.



Kelly and I looked at each other. We couldn't believe that I was being pulled over. Seriously. I was going 44 mph on the access road.


The officer couldn't be nicer. I wished him good evening and asked what I had done. He said I was speeding. I asked him what the speed limit was and said I thought it was 40 mph, since I was exiting off a 70 mph interstate and nearly everywhere in Texas, the transition road is at least 40 mph (usually 45-50 mph). Here, in small town Texas, the officer informed me, it was 35 mph.


And, he added, my license plate light was out. (Really? I just had the car inspected less than a month ago!)


But he smiled, gave me a verbal warning and let me head on to Tyler.


Thus, my friends, I've maintained my perfect record to date: 4 pull-overs and/or cherry warning light flashes, no tickets.


Knock on wood!

6 comments:

  1. I STILL need to get my new tags on my van! We got them in the mail like on the 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been pulled over twice since I got my CHL, and I was let off with a warning each time. So, I'm knocking on wood with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women do have certain advantages in those situation, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll all hope for the best, keep the foot off the pedal and smile at the officer!

    I think they appreciate a respectful attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm - maybe no testosterone rearing its ugly head?

    ReplyDelete