New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where's the Beef?

My poor husband has gradually seen his diet change in the nearly 10 years that we've been married. He's come a long way from his bachelor spaghetti, goulash, tuna salad and Whataburger rotation to ethnic food, veg-heavy dishes and breakfast smoothies.

Point of clarification: Kelly is not, nor has he ever been, a picky eater. He simply has had more variety in his meals since marrying me than he did as a single guy making his way in the world.

The one area he sometimes squawks about is red meat. Now that I've found turkey (turkey chili! turkey bacon! turkey loaf!), it can be weeks before we have hamburger or steak. And Kelly usually says something about it, too, like: 

Are you ever planning to cook beef?
or
I really want a hamburger.
or
How about making a reservation at Bob's?

Today I'm feeling justified in my cooking strategy. Yahoo! News agrees with me that it's good to reduce your red meat consumption.

So there.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, but is life really worth[ living without some red meat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially with "Dave's Favorite" at Famous Dave's on the dinner platter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. unless your anemic! Then bring on the red meat. Sorry, couldn't live with you. I HATE ground turkey. Blech.

    ReplyDelete