New Header

Image Map

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Decorating Made (A Bit) Easier

Our game room is currently game-less...no Wii, no flat screen, no pool table. While we, and the poor game room, await the funds to make it a fun space, we've repurposed it as a Projects In Process room.


I finally got tired of seeing stacks of photos to hang in the Projects In Process room and decided to tackle the family photo and memento display wall.

To make the job of arranging frames a little easier, I decided to use a Martha Stewart trick. I asked The Niece and The Boyfriend to cut kraft paper to size for each of my frames. I then taped them to the wall and worked on the display with measuring tape to get it just as I wanted:

Then I hammered a nail into the wall, through the paper, based on markings we made on each sheet to show where the picture hanger was located:

We really liked the finished product!


Now on to our travel photo wall...

2 comments:

  1. I think I might take a "projects in progress" room over a game room :). I love that frame trick you used, the results turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I found it to be very helpful. I can visualize what I want, but have always had trouble with the execution.

    ReplyDelete