New Header

Image Map

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm Living in a B Movie

I'm not sure what my parents were thinking, but I have watched entirely too many B-movies in my lifetime. As a result, I find myself referencing them at random times. Like:

  • Torrential rains have led to an infestation of ants in the Hayley House. I told The Boy the other evening that it was like living a scene from Them!
  • A pile of tomatoes toppling over at the grocery store reminds me of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!.

Now, I'm convinced that my office is the scene of a new B-movie. I returned to work on Tuesday to find that several plants have moved in and taken over my layout space:


The note, in case you can't read it, clarifies what the plants are doing in my office:


Now, to think of an appropriate movie title...


Mean Green

Back to Nature

Attack of the Plants: This time, vegans, it's for real.

8 comments:

  1. You need to check the pills in your vitamin bottle kid. You've been taken something stronger than what you bought.

    I'll go back and check the DirecTV logs to see what you were watching after school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents let you watch "B" movies????
    I'm shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe those were movies even your Mom(!) wouldn't watch. Titles like "Apple Dumpling Gang" and "Pete's Dragon" and every Disney movie that you insist you must now own because you watched them all come to mind. You weren't even allowed to watch "Star Wars!" Should we get Patty's corroboration on this? You’ve done us wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on - Creature from the Black Lagoon? Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?? Them!? Godzilla?

    These B-flicks were staples on TNT during summer afternoons back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was that when you were supposed to be practicing the piano?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully this doesn't turn into "Little Shop of Horrors"!

    ReplyDelete