New Header

Image Map

Friday, October 2, 2009

Bet You Can't Eat Just One Handful!

It has been a hectic week for the Hayleys - colleagues on vacation (=more work), multiple evening events, training runs in preparation for weekend long runs, and so on.

One particularly harried day, we arrived home a little later than usual. I'd gotten wrapped up in a detailed project at work, missing lunch and leaving late. Leaving late meant arriving at the gym late, which then meant arriving home late. Late and hungry.

In the midst of cooking supper, I pulled out my favorite snack, Ranch Oyster Crackers. The problem with this snack is the combination of herbs and salt - deadly, as far as I'm concerned. It's nearly impossible to eat just a few!

As I munched, I mentioned to The Boy and The Niece:
I've gotten out the crack. Do you want some?

The Boy:
Sure!

The Niece:
I beg your pardon?

So for those who don't know how to make this totally addictive snack, here's the recipe:

Ranch Oyster Crackers
  • 16 ounces plain oyster crackers
  • 1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
  • 1/2 t lemon pepper
  • 1 1/2 t dill weed
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 3/4 c salad oil
Combine ranch dressing mix and oil in a small bowl. Add dill weed, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Pour over crackers; stir to coat. Place seasoned crackers in a warm oven (250F) for 15-20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment