New Header

Image Map

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Look at Her Go!

Today was, for me, a short run after last week's 11-miler. My goal today was to run 4 miles, pushing myself to run my fastest comfortable pace for one mile.

After helping The Boy get up at 4 am for his morning training run, I lounged around for several hour before heading out for my run. To be honest, the furbabies thought I should stay at home and snuggle...and I was seriously tempted! It can be hard to ignore the offer of fur and purr.

Alas, ignoring my short run wasn't going to make things any easier on my long run next week.

Off I went, jogging through the neighborhood and onto the City's trail system, listening to one of my favorite podcasts, A Way With Words.

I glanced at my watch when I got back to the house: 39:32. Less than 10 minutes per mile.

Wow! I train at a 12 min/mile pace. However, after a very long and taxing 11-mile run, I guess 4 miles feels easy to the body. It's amazing how the body builds endurance and strength over time!

No comments:

Post a Comment