New Header

Image Map

Friday, December 18, 2009

The Christmas Elf

It's no secret that I love Etsy. It's a fantastic marketplace for artisans to showcase their craft to a wider audience. Not only do I enjoy finding new pieces for myself, it's also been a great resource for gifts and inspiration.

Over the summer, I found what I thought would be a great gift for The Boy's department. He grunted acknowledgement of my idea and that was, I thought, the end of it.

Until last month! Then he mentioned that he'd been thinking about my idea and thought it might be fun to give that particular item to all of the women in his office.

That's a lot of women:


I contacted the artist, verified that she could get us the amount we needed, then went to work. Assembling the gifts was a production line effort - me, The Boy and The Niece.


Inside each gift was a mustard seed necklace, courtesy of fantastic artisan Ritziecat. Could there be anything more perfect to give the women of a ministry as a Christmas gift?

The extent of my contribution to this great idea was finding the necklace (ok, and packaging everything!). The *fun* came 100% from The Boy.

This will come as no surprise to anyone who knows him!

Along with the necklace, The Boy wrote a note of blessing from The Christmas Elf. He also included a single letter. When the women put their letters together, it spelled out a holiday message and revealed The Elf's identity.


All in all, it was a fantastically fun office gift - one that you hope you can do once every 10 years or so. Not only was it the right type of gift for his female colleagues, but it was also a lot of fun for them to work to solve the Mystery of the Christmas Elf.

I married a great guy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hah! I was so impressed, necklaces AND poppy seed bread? You two went all out.

    Initially I thought for sure the letters were for somet game we'd play at the women's Christmas party, so I didn't think much about it until Kelly sent out an email via Barry. Then I started sluething, and Kelly even HELPED me look for missing letters. I had NO idea it'd be him.

    So creative, I love it. and a great gift! I think four or five women were wearing them at the Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! We're glad everyone enjoyed it - Kelly's very clever at creating games and such.

    ReplyDelete