New Header

Image Map

Saturday, December 19, 2009

And More Work Gifts

So the women in The Boy's office each got a mustard seed necklace, but what about the men? And for that matter, what about my office?

This year's theme was Gifts from the Heart. In other words, we made them!

For most of our colleagues, I made mini-loaves of Poppy Seed bread using my mom's (and grandmother) recipe.

We work with a lot of people. I made 60 loaves of bread - though that's not how many we gave away after The Boy returned home just as I pulled hot bread out of the oven...


I wrapped each loaf in a festive cellophane treat bag, sealed it and wrapped it with curling ribbon. (Now you know why I had issues with the furbabies!).


We also made The Boy's fudge (he's quite the expert in fudge-making!) and almond bark pretzels that I dusted with crushed peppermint. Yum.


To simplify the wrapping, I made gift tags in bulk and tied them on with pretty curling ribbon. Very simple and very easy!

I'm curious - what do you do for holiday gifts for colleagues?

3 comments:

  1. I do believe you are Martha Stewart incarnate in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though Martha probably would have harvested her own poppy seeds and made the bread 100% from scratch.

    I'm a pretender. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True! Why didn't YOU do that? ;-))

    ReplyDelete