New Header

Image Map

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pardon Me

I have a friend who's a sucker for frogs. She has nearly every tchotchke imaginable with a frog on it.

While I don't share her Frog Fondness, I am a sucker for motivational books. I'm always looking for a book that reminds me of basic life principles that I already know, but somehow forgot.

At the booksellers, I find myself flipping through the latest from Seth Godin, Keith Ferrazzi, John Maxwell, Malcom Gladwell, and John Miller.

I recently ran across a motivational book that I'd not heard of before, Eat That Frog, by Brian Tracy. His focus is on getting things done.

Now you tell me - who doesn't need help with getting things done?!?

So you wonder, what do frogs have to do with getting things done? I'll let Brian explain:
An old saying is that "If the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that that is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long!"

Your "FROG" is the one you are most likely to procrastinate on if you don't do something about it now! It is also the one task that can have the greatest positive impact on your life and results at the moment.

Oooh...good point. Do the worst thing on the task list first, then it's uphill from there! Great idea!!

Pardon me - I'm off to eat a frog!



I have a host of books that have inspired me and given me new insight. Drop a note in the comments if you'd like to hear of other Must Reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment