New Header

Image Map

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Search is Over

Over decade ago, The Youngest came to Dallas to help me prepare various bits and pieces for the Hayley Wedding.

It wasn't long before we embarked on The Great Search for the perfect rosettes to make birdseed bags. We thought it would be simple to find the size and color we needed. HAH!

A not-so-small tour of Wal-Marts later, we finally had enough rosettes to get the job done.


Why does this story matter?

Just after New Year's, The Boy mentioned that he needed new jammie pants. For my British friends, let me clarify: he needed new jammie trousers.

Over the years, we've found the best jammie pants are sold at Wal-Mart. For $7, you can get a well made pair of flannel jammie pants that will last, even with frequent wearing, for two years.

With The Boy's request duly noted, off I headed to Wal-Mart. It was a failed trip. Twelve pairs of jammie pants available, all sizes large and extra-large. The Marathon Man has a runner's body - and only medium jammie pants will work.

I went to another Wal-Mart...and another Wal-Mart...and another...and back to the first...and so on. Altogether, I nine trips to five Wal-Marts before, SUCCESS!!!

Needless to say, I stocked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment