New Header

Image Map

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Feeling Floral

I love floral brooches - they make any outfit happy. Unfortunately, stocking up on them can make one's pocketbook most unhappy
.

I decided to play around with flowers leftover from my wreath project and make my own. It was actually the easiest of craft projects, only requiring:
  • Hot glue gun
  • Artificial flowers
  • Felt
  • Pin backs (sold along with jewelry-making supplies)
  • Wire cutters

Step One: Trim off the stem.


Make sure you cut close to the base of the flower - you want a flat surface to work on. Sometimes the stem actually holds the flower elements together, but you can always use hot glue to reconnect the pieces.


Step Two: Chase your cat and retrieve stem pieces that were stolen for playthings.


Step Three: Hot glue the pin back to the flower. Be careful. It's not called "hot glue" for nothing!


Step Four: Trim a tiny piece of felt to cover the pin back. It just makes it prettier. You could also use a piece of leaf or a flower petal. Your choice.


Step Five: Enjoy!!


Really, this project could hardly be cheaper or simpler. And it took me about 10 minutes to make 6 pins (which included running up and down stairs to collect all of my supplies). Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Your wife has inspired me over the years with her "I'll bet you can..." I feel compelled to see if I, in fact, can.

    ReplyDelete