New Header

Image Map

Saturday, April 17, 2010

From the Random File

I've been busy this week! Today was a welcome slow-down, with errands to do (or not do) and plenty of resting on the agenda. I squeezed in a quick trip to the grocery store and opted to turn the radio and iPod off.

Quiet can be restful, particularly when your brain is even more tired than your body. But quiet also gives the mind a chance to wander about. Here's a sampling from my random grocery shopping mental file:
  • I don't care how far I am from the store as long as I'm near a cart return.
  • IndoPak coming soon to my neighborhood? Whoo-hoo!!!
  • Why on earth does the ATM read $3,333,333 when I typed in $170? And how insulting to be told I have insufficient funds!
  • Hmmm. I seem to know very few songs that I can sing in entirety without music playing along.
  • It's interesting that I can so much better control the sugar content in the grocery cart when The Boy doesn't come along to help.
  • For $20 in bonus savings, I am ok with Big Brother knowing that I serve Stouffers instead of making lasagna from scratch.
Have a restful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment