Quiet can be restful, particularly when your brain is even more tired than your body. But quiet also gives the mind a chance to wander about. Here's a sampling from my random grocery shopping mental file:
- I don't care how far I am from the store as long as I'm near a cart return.
- IndoPak coming soon to my neighborhood? Whoo-hoo!!!
- Why on earth does the ATM read $3,333,333 when I typed in $170? And how insulting to be told I have insufficient funds!
- Hmmm. I seem to know very few songs that I can sing in entirety without music playing along.
- It's interesting that I can so much better control the sugar content in the grocery cart when The Boy doesn't come along to help.
- For $20 in bonus savings, I am ok with Big Brother knowing that I serve Stouffers instead of making lasagna from scratch.