New Header

Image Map

Thursday, May 13, 2010

How-To: Make Foaming Soap

I love foaming hand soap. I really love foaming antibacterial hand soap in the kitchen.

It's become obvious that I love it, because I keep going through it like crazy.

After picking up another bottle at the store, it occurred to me that I spent a lot of money on foaming antibacterial hand soap. Which, of course, made me wonder if I couldn't make my own.

A little bit of googling and I had my answer - Yes I can make my own and it's shockingly cheap and easy to do it.

You only need an empty foaming hand soap container:


And a bottle of standard liquid hand soap. I made sure to purchase antibacterial. Because I like it...especially in the kitchen!


Measure 1.5 tablespoons of soap and pour it into the empty container.


Add tap water. Make sure to leave about 1/2 inch of free space in the container to allow for the pump mechanism.


Replace the pump, give the bottle a good shake to mix everything, then pump.
Voila! Foaming hand soap - for a fraction of the cost.

3 comments:

  1. Why is foaming soap better than non-foaming soap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not better than regular-I just prefer the consistency. It stays in the hand instead of running into the sink. Nice when I have icky sticky fingers.

    ReplyDelete