New Header

Image Map

Monday, October 25, 2010

Leftovers Meet CSA

Another round of creative use of leftovers, combined with our latest CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) pickup.

Here's what I had on hand:
  • Acorn squash
  • Fajita chicken
  • Arugula
  • Cherry tomatoes
Here's what I made:
  • Roast acorn squash in oven, cut side down for 40 minutes. Before roasting, I rubbed the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkled on jalapeno-infused salt
  • After roasting, I filled the squash "bowl" with arugula and warmed fajita chicken.
  • I mixed together sour cream with Nando's Garlic Peri-Peri Sauce to make a kickin' salad dressing.
  • Tossed on some tomatoes for color and a cooling burst of flavor.
The Boy looked at his plate and said: "Well, we've never had this before."


But after eating it, he said: "This was GOOD."

So there you have it! Leftovers+fresh produce=happy Hayleys.

No comments:

Post a Comment